Thursday, October 11, 2007

Days 2 & 3

I've been having trouble posting the past couple of days for a few reasons.

1. My computer's main fan is broken and

2. I misplaced the USB cable for my camera

In retrospect, for Day 1 I wish I had taken a picture of Corey playing with magnets at Starbucks. We went to get a cup of coffee in Denville and he noticed that I had this little cylinder-shaped magnets hanging from my car's sun visor (Mac gave them to me to play with while I was working at Luna). They are some powerful little magnets. He was making them into all sorts of shapes and stuff, like the tiny magnetic robot. It was pretty funny.

But that's all behind us now, let's go on to Days 2 and 3 of Project 365.


October 10, 2007
Day 2


I was reading Nabakov's Lolita when I heard an odd series of bangs. I was hoping that people weren't shooting each other at the bar across the street. I couldn't see anything from my windows, so I went back to reading for a little bit, then finally decided to take a look outside and see what was going on. Turns out there were some fireworks going on pretty much right behind my apartment complex. It could have been for Montclair State's 100th anniversary or whatever, but I'm not really sure. Anyway, a bunch of people from the complex went outside to watch and it was pretty cool.


October 11, 2007
Day 3


This one is for today. I woke up kind of late and even more confused. I had been up late the night before knitting (I know, I'm a nerd) but not late enough to sleep through my alarm. I rolled over to see that my clock wasn't on. In fact, nothing was on because there was a brown out.

Since I didn't have any electronics available at the apartment, I just kind of tooled around on my guitar for a while. It was actually my mom's originally, but it's a beautiful instrument and I love it (even if it is a little big for me). I don't know why, but for some reason I always find musical instruments very photogenic.

That's it for today. Three days down, 362 to go (or maybe really 363, since this coming year will be a leap year).

1 comment:

Chris said...

Regardless of the difficulties so far, these are some wicked pictures. =]

I'm Chris - nice to meet you.