Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Days 7-11

I'm still trying to catch up a little bit here. I only have time to post a few photos, since my camera eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake. So, here's my next installment.

October 15, 2007

Day 7


My first day working at the calendar kiosk. I thought I'd take a picture of the floor at the mall, since they are ripping it all out. Those tiles have been there since I moved to the town, I remember playing stepping games on them (like only stepping on the small ones) when I was a kid. Plus now I have a picture of my favorite shoes, which are slowly dying on me.

October 16, 2007
Day 8


This is the beginning of the Halloween decorations at the apartment. I'm going to try to take one picture out the window every month or so, so that I can see the seasons change. Already, most of the leaves are yellow and orange now, unlike the photo.

October 17, 2007
Day 9


This is a statue my mom has in the house. It's Quan Yin, the Buddhist goddess of mercy and compassion. It's not real metal, but it is gorgeous. I photoshopped the background a little bit. Now the statue looks like it's glowing. I actually ended up going to the Office tonight to hang out, which I haven't done in a while. It was pretty fun.

October 18, 2007
Day 10


I took a lot of pictures of home, because I was home so much. I like the connected pattern, since this day I connected with some old friends. Went out to lunch with Colin, then had dinner with Corey at Applebee's (where Colin was working). Corey texted Colin and had him come out with the staff to sing me happy birthday. It wasn't my birthday, but who passes up free cake?

October 19, 2007
Day 11


This was Avatar Night. Jamie's sister Ivy was over trying to write some really important paper for her PhD. We were gonna go out and see a movie, but Brendan and Adam got caught up in a computer game and I was hooked on Every Extra Extend Extreme. I got the Chain Wizard achievement for Brendan (meaning I got a chain of 2000 explosions).

Whew, now I'm only five days behind; hopefully I'll be able to upload the last 6 photos tomorrow and be all caught up! Not having a computer is a huge pain.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Straylight Run. It helps me get through hard times, because a lot of the music is about learning to make mistakes and move on. Kind of inspirational for me I guess. Hopefully things will get easier once I have health insurance again...

No comments: